- No commas
- e.g. "1000" instead of "1,000"
- No units of measurement
- Units should be in metadata instead
- Express as full number where possible
- e.g. "1200000" instead of "1.2" (million)
- If rounded, indicate in metadata
- No rounding if possible
- Give raw numbers as far as possible
- If rounding is needed, try to provide at least 2 decimal places of precision
- Percentages can be expressed as either a proportion out of 1 or 100.
- e.g. 20% can be expressed as 20 or 0.2
- The representation of percentages must be consistent throughout your dataset (e.g. among different percentage fields)
- Agencies must indicate how percentages are expressed in the data dictionary
Is anything wrong, unclear, missing?
Leave a comment.