DataSF Open Data Publishing Toolkit
The publishing toolkit describes how DataSF supports open data publishing. The processes herein are the outcome of continuous improvements that reflect our environment.
Processes have been designed to establish patterns and create consistency where possible within a highly federated IT structure. They are flexible enough to adapt to a variety of configurations.
They also reflect a handful of principles. We seek to:
- Leverage lightly coupled systems rather than monolithic solutions.
- Design processes and systems that meet people where they are.
- Reduce duplication of effort.
- Orient toward scaling where possible.
- Continuously evaluate and improve.
This guide steps through our entire publishing process from intake to publishing a dataset. Much of this is invisible to the publisher, except for the touchpoints where we're gathering information we need to support them.
We also include a reference of the technology we use to support these processes.
This document will change as we do.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.